[dev] Release Engineering: Versions

Marcus I. Ryan marcus at horde.org
Mon Dec 15 07:33:05 PST 2003

At this point, I think I actually prefer the RELENG<Horde Major Version>-<app
version> (e.g. Klutz RELENG3-1 and RELENG2-1).  There is a large enough
installed base of Horde 2.x and enough apps like klutz that can be fairly
easily backported/maintained that it makes sense to avoid any naming
conflicts.  This also seems a clean way to do it since Horde itself will just
have a RELENGx tag itself.

Marcus I. Ryan, marcus at horde.org
 "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it
 flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night, the ice weasels come."
                 -- Matt Groening