[dev] lib/MIME/Headers.php : unneeded NLS conversion of mail header in listHeaders() ?

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Mon Dec 15 08:08:33 PST 2003

Hi there,

I noticed something about lib/MIME/Headers.php, in function
listHeaders() at line 476 :

    function listHeaders()
    {
        return array(
            /* RFC 2369 */
            'list-help'         =>  _("List-Help"),
            'list-unsubscribe'  =>  _("List-Unsubscribe"),
            'list-subscribe'    =>  _("List-Subscribe"),
            'list-owner'        =>  _("List-Owner"),
            'list-post'         =>  _("List-Post"),
            'list-archive'      =>  _("List-Archive"),
            /* RFC 2919 */
            'list-id'           =>  _("List-Id")
        );
    }

List header strings is going thru the NLS conversion with _().  I am not
quite sure if this is appropriate or not as email are pretty much the
same whatever the language of the sender ...  Thoughts ?

If this _not_ an error, the current horde/po/fr_FR.po would have to
fixed (along with most .po files there) ast it translate the headers.

BTW, thanks Jan for your answer to my previous question.

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com