[dev] lib/MIME/Headers.php : unneeded NLS conversion of mail header in listHeaders() ?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon Dec 15 09:07:12 PST 2003

Quoting Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com>:

| On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 05:19:46PM +0100, Jan Schneider wrote:
| > This is not an error. You translate other headers like "Subject:" and
| > "From:" too, no?
|
|  Subject: and From: headers are special case; Return-Path and Received:
| headers (for example) do not and _should_ not be translated (they are
| not shown to the user anyway).

True.  However, the Mailing List headers are a special case since they can be
explicitly shown to the user in IMP when the "Show Mailing List headers" link
is clicked.  Obviously, we can't predict all possible Header
fields/translations when the "Show All Headers" link is clicked, but the
Mailing list headers are a specific subset and should be translated for UI
purposes.

| If I am wrong, then ingo/lib/Script/sieve.php have to be fixed.  Around
| line 300, it grab headers name that correspond to list.  Since these are
| translated, I end up with sieve script that look like :

Yup - this is a bug and needs to be corrected (since mail is always sent using
the English Header fields, we obviously need to filter using the English field
names).

michael