[dev] lib/MIME/Headers.php : unneeded NLS conversion of mail header in listHeaders() ?

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Mon Dec 15 09:13:04 PST 2003

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 10:07:12AM -0700, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> True.  However, the Mailing List headers are a special case since they can be
> explicitly shown to the user in IMP when the "Show Mailing List headers" link
> is clicked.  Obviously, we can't predict all possible Header
> fields/translations when the "Show All Headers" link is clicked, but the
> Mailing list headers are a specific subset and should be translated for UI
> purposes.

I guess that is open to debate, but I would not want to have headers
name translated when I ask to see all header (a feature useful mostly to
power users anyway).  I would not, for example, want to have X-Spam to
be translated to X-Pourriel, or X-Priority to be translated to
X-Priorité.

> | If I am wrong, then ingo/lib/Script/sieve.php have to be fixed.  Around
> | line 300, it grab headers name that correspond to list.  Since these are
> | translated, I end up with sieve script that look like :
>
> Yup - this is a bug and needs to be corrected (since mail is always sent using
> the English Header fields, we obviously need to filter using the English field
> names).

IMHO, MIME::Headers::listHeaders() should return the untranslated name
of List-* headers.  I can't tink of any good reasons to do it otherwise.

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com