[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/config html.php.dist framework/UI/UI Tabs.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Dec 21 03:18:33 PST 2003

Zitat von John Morrissey <jwm at horde.net>:

> On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 09:34:11AM -0800, John Morrissey wrote:
> > jwm         2003/12/20 09:34:10 PST
> >
> >   Modified files:
> >     config               html.php.dist
> >     UI/UI                Tabs.php
> >   Log:
> >   Make the entire tab clickable, not just the text
>
> What does everyone think of this? I did some usability work recently on a
> Horde app I'd written and the biggest thing that came of it was that
> users
> like to click everything - if possible, entire cells should be clickable,
> not just the link.
>
> People especially liked being able to click anywhere in a row to view
> that
> item, especially if the row had a rollover - some commented that
> rollovers
> are often used to indicate clickability, so were confused that only the
> links were clickable.
>
> Users also liked it when I expanded the clickable area on the toolbar so
> they could click anywhere in the cell, not just on the icon/text (similar
> this Tabs change).
>
> Thoughts on implementing these changes in Horde and its apps?

We did this for a short time in the mailbox view (or was it the folder
navigator?) because I felt the same. But we didn't make good experiences
with it, too many "false click", e.g. when you simply want to highlight
that browser window.

I think its fine, if we do this on small areas like the tabs, but not on
large ones, that would make almost the whole page clickable.

Jan.

http://www.ammma.de - Neue Wege des Lernens