[dev] memcached support for database driven sessions

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Dec 22 12:07:21 PST 2003

Quoting Michael Yingbull <mbull at uoguelph.ca>:

> Has anyone looked at this, out of curiousity?  We found the database lookups
> for sessions quite a bit slower (and not unexpectedly so, to some expect)
> that using local files for sessions.   I'm wondering if coding the memcached
> support into the session handling library might help.
>
> Anyone else been down this road?
>
> http://www.danga.com/memcached/

Looks interesting. It hasn't been explored, as far as I know. Seems like it
could be a good potential backend for several of our libraries - Cache,
SessionHandler, and Category come to mind.

(it could provide a *very* fast Category backend. Don't know about persistance,
though).

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe