[dev] memcached support for database driven sessions

Jon Parise jon at horde.org
Mon Dec 22 14:34:43 PST 2003

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 03:49:19PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> > It does look quite nifty.......  what about the persistance are you referring
> > too?
>
> Between reboots of the server, for instance. Does it save the cached data to
> disk somewhere? Or can we only use it as a cache for data that's stored
> elsewhere?

No, it's a true memory cache.  If the requested object doesn't exist
in the cache, it is fetched from a backend resource.  After a reboot,
the cache is empty and all initial requests need to be delegated to
the backend while the cache fills.

--
Jon Parise (jon at horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)