[dev] Weather/Metar Block

Alexander Wirtz lists at pc4p.net
Mon Jan 5 03:09:34 PST 2004

Hi there,

since Rick Emery told me about his effort on creating a block for horde,
I'm monitoring the dev and jonah lists and I'd like to ask a few questions:

First, the getParams method, wouldn't it be prudent to initialize the
metar object there to have access to the DB handling functions that were
introduced in Services_Weather 1.1.0? To be honest I wrote
searchLocationByCountry with exactly this situation in mind.

Secondly, and more important, I'm a bit torn about this EJSE thingy. On
one hand they offer a clear, defined WSDL, which would be childs-play to
introduce to Services_Weather, on the other hand they only offer US
locations, don't have a search function and somehow I get the
impression, that they might go commercial with their service. I'd really
like to get your opinion on this matter.

Best regards,
Alexander