[dev] Weather/Metar Block

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jan 5 06:59:08 PST 2004

Quoting Alexander Wirtz <lists at pc4p.net>:

> Secondly, and more important, I'm a bit torn about this EJSE thingy. On

I just wrote it to get *something* working on my site when intercept vector
went down.  I don't care if it stays or goes.  I've not checked metar, so
I don't know what if any advantage there is to ejse.

> one hand they offer a clear, defined WSDL, which would be childs-play to
> introduce to Services_Weather

Yes, they offer very nice data in a variety of formats, which is nice.

> on the other hand they only offer US
> locations

That is a drawback for sure.

> don't have a search function

Since it is done via zipcode that isn't a big deal.

> and somehow I get the
> impression, that they might go commercial with their service. I'd really
> like to get your opinion on this matter.

I doubt they will limit the service, but you never know.  I wouldn't let
that be the deciding factor.  I'd make it depend on the other details you
mention instead.

> Best regards,
> Alexander

Eric Rostetter