[dev] Weather/Metar Block

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Mon Jan 5 08:40:32 PST 2004

> I'd *really* prefer it if we could avoid having multiple Weather blocks
> again.
> It seems awfully confusing to me.
>
> -chuck
>
> --
> Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
> "I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe

I understand. I'm torn, though, on which way to go. Metars provide good current
information and display the dew point and cloud accumulation at various
altitudes (good for pilots; too specialized, maybe?). EJSE (and
InterceptVector before it) provides an extended forecast, with high/low
temperatures and pretty graphics for anticipated weather conditions. I have
working implementations of both, and have both displayed on my portal page. If
I had to choose, I'm not sure which I would prefer.

I was just about to submit the EJSE block to the list. Should I scrap it, or
post it and see what the consensus of the core developers is?

Thanks

--
Rick Emery

 you will always long to return"