[dev] IMP Accounts: possible security issue???

Ron Cooper rcooper at jamesconeyisland.com
Tue Jan 20 09:22:23 PST 2004

Can someone confirm if this problem is happening to you as well?
I have not had a lot of time to look into the issue, but wanted to
mention it just in case its not just my HEAD setup.

My Problem:
I'm admin on this system.  I created some pop3  accounts to pull in
some other email I have scattered across the globe. Saved the accounts.
Everything works as expected.

Created a regular user. Proceeded to setup a pop3 account for that user.
Information from my admin account  is already filled in
as well as my  user name and password (though in ****)
User is allowed to download my mail. Not good.

Checked horde_prefs table but did not see anything that really stood out
other than the account passwords being  plain text.  Records appear
unique. Not sure how to proceed. Anyone seeing this on their latest CVS
update?

Ron