[dev] Bounties

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Jan 23 09:25:37 PST 2004

Quoting Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com>:

> I have had a quick glance at the code, it would not work indeed in my
> setup (RH 7.3).  I should be able to cook you something up this weekend.

There are partial (or complete?) solutions in the list archives... Might
save you some time if you review them...

> There is one problem, however.  We can't just replace the current Quota
> driver if it break the current behavior; this will never get comitted
> for good reason.  I could send a working command.php file, but if it
> does not get into future Horde, it will cause you headache when
> upgrading.

Correct.

> To only way to solve this problem is to determine automagically which
> approach to parsing the quota command output should be use; the problem
> is that I can't think of any.

By actually parsing the output, rather then trying to use shortcuts like
grepping a specific line of output.

> Another possibility would to have a third
> parameter to specifiy which output to expect; I guess 'new_quota' => true
> should be meaningful enough.  What does the dev think about that ?

I don't like that much.  Person configuring it won't know what it means, or
how to set it, etc.  Not admin friendly.

> M. Rostetter, I see you are the original author of the command Quota
> driver in IMP.  I do not have access to a quota command that produce the
> old type of output; could please post an example of what it look like ?
> Thanks very much in advance.

Like I said, if you use NFS mounts, then the old code still works (I run it
on my RH 8 box just fine with NFS mounts).  It isn't that it doesn't work
at all, it just doesn't work in some cases.  And your fix should work in
all cases: old-style local mounts, new style local mounts, and any style
nfs mounts.

I don't have output from the old-style local mounts, since all my quotas
are on NFS mounts.  So I can't easily provide any output.  There is probably
some example output in the mailing list archives...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!