[dev] patch -- frameset menu

Ben Chavet ben at chavet.net
Tue Jan 27 19:44:59 PST 2004

Ok, maybe the best way to explain this is to demonstrate...

go to http://www.chavet.net to see what I'm talking about.  You will notice that
all of the menu items are shown to guests, but some of them require
authentication.  This is a CVS snapshot from before the 'allow_guest' config
was removed, so it is working how I want it to work.  I'd like to be able to
continue to do this without having to modify any code when I do a cvs update.

On a related note, I'd like to install passwd at this site, so my users can
change their passwords without my help.  I like the new permissions system,
because if it ends up working like it seems to me it should, I'll be able to
show guests everything currently installed, but only show the passwords to
authenticated users (no need for guests to try to change passwords...)

I feel like I'm rambling about this issue, so feel free to tell me to sit down &
shut up :)  If nobody agrees with my views, I can just change it on my local
install...no big deal.  That's the beauty of open-source development :)

--Ben