[dev] patch -- frameset menu

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Wed Jan 28 05:49:58 PST 2004

Quoting Ben Chavet <ben at chavet.net>:

> Ok, maybe the best way to explain this is to demonstrate...
>
> go to http://www.chavet.net to see what I'm talking about.  You will
> notice that
> all of the menu items are shown to guests, but some of them require
> authentication.  This is a CVS snapshot from before the 'allow_guest' config
> was removed, so it is working how I want it to work.  I'd like to be able to
> continue to do this without having to modify any code when I do a cvs update.

I see. It appears to simply be two different ways of using horde. Your site
seems to be geared more toward guests, with a few apps for your internal use
(email, for example). My install, on the contrary, is predominantly for my
internal use, with a few apps I'd like to expose to the public. The two
different scenarios want different handling of the menu.

> I feel like I'm rambling about this issue, so feel free to tell me to
> sit down &
> shut up :)  If nobody agrees with my views, I can just change it on my local
> install...no big deal.

I feel like I'm harping on my side also, so I'll stop. I'd be interested in
others' views as well.

> That's the beauty of open-source development :)

Agreed.

--
Rick Emery

 you will always long to return"