[dev] patch -- frameset menu

Ben Chavet ben at chavet.net
Wed Jan 28 09:06:51 PST 2004

> I see. It appears to simply be two different ways of using horde. Your site
> seems to be geared more toward guests, with a few apps for your internal use
> (email, for example).

Exactly! This is the whole reason I implemented the $conf['menu']['always']
feature.  So I could show guests what is available, but require a login to get
to some of it.

> My install, on the contrary, is predominantly for my
> internal use, with a few apps I'd like to expose to the public.

I also use this model on my webmail installation.  I have a whole bunch of apps
there that nobody but authenticated users have access to.

> The two different scenarios want different handling of the menu.

The crazy thing is, I need to have both types of menu handling because I have
both types of installations.  I'm pretty sure we can work something out with
the permissions system where we can do both.

> I feel like I'm harping on my side also, so I'll stop. I'd be interested in
> others' views as well.

I'm done as well, I feel I've argued my point as well as I can.  I'll leave it
up to the maintainers to decide what's best for the project at this point.

--Ben