[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/config conf.xml

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Jan 31 13:48:31 PST 2004

>> Could the UI generate something like "Begin auto-conf" and "End auto-conf"
>> before & after the generated code? Then we could just copy whatever
>> is outside of that back into the newly generated code?
>
> That doesn't sound bad.

What about a slightly inside-out version of this, with an optional complication:

- allow BEGIN-CUSTOM/END-CUSTOM (or whatever term works best) tags that signal
code that should be left untouched/preserved, with potentially multiple
sections.

- additionally, maybe allow something like AFTER-<sectionname>, that would put a
textarea in the setup.php config form after the conf section named, containing
that custom code block. That way you could more accurately keep custom code
with the settings that it affected.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"Here, I brought some cole slaw. It's made from peeeooople! Just kidding."