[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/config conf.xml

Marko Djukic mdjukic at horde.org
Sat Jan 31 23:19:41 PST 2004

> - allow BEGIN-CUSTOM/END-CUSTOM (or whatever term works best) tags that
> signal
> code that should be left untouched/preserved, with potentially multiple
> sections.
>
> - additionally, maybe allow something like AFTER-<sectionname>, that would
> put a
> textarea in the setup.php config form after the conf section named,
> containing
> that custom code block. That way you could more accurately keep custom code
> with the settings that it affected.

yes, both of these sound very good.

and here's my wishlist for the conf system. how about:

- instead of just printing out the whole conf that is written or not written,
when it has NOT written add a link saying "download the conf file"

- if NOT written store the conf generation into the session then once back at
the admin/setup/index.php screen offer a link "download the new conf files as
zip" which would have the full path to the conf files in them so you could just
save it to the horde root dir and unpack away.

- or again back at the admin/setup/index.php screen offer a link "download as
php-extracting file" which would generate a php script which when run from the
command line would write the new conf to the files in their correct locations.

--
Marko Djukic
Horde Project (http://horde.org)