[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/config conf.xml

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Feb 1 01:22:36 PST 2004

Zitat von Marko Djukic <mdjukic at horde.org>:

> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>
>> - allow BEGIN-CUSTOM/END-CUSTOM (or whatever term works best) tags that
>> signal
>> code that should be left untouched/preserved, with potentially multiple
>> sections.

Inside conf.xml? Doesn't make must sense to me because, see below.

>> - additionally, maybe allow something like AFTER-<sectionname>, that would
>> put a
>> textarea in the setup.php config form after the conf section named,
>> containing
>> that custom code block. That way you could more accurately keep custom code
>> with the settings that it affected.

You would need to know where the admins potentially want to add custom code.
But we don't know. For PHP code *inside* a configuration item, we already
have the configphp field.

> yes, both of these sound very good.
>
> and here's my wishlist for the conf system. how about:
>
> - instead of just printing out the whole conf that is written or not written,
> when it has NOT written add a link saying "download the conf file"

What I had in mind for a while was to allow the admin to specify some login
credentials that would be used to transfer the conf.php file with the
VFS_ftp backend to the server.

> - if NOT written store the conf generation into the session then once back at
> the admin/setup/index.php screen offer a link "download the new conf files as
> zip" which would have the full path to the conf files in them so you
> could just
> save it to the horde root dir and unpack away.

Might be nice too.

> - or again back at the admin/setup/index.php screen offer a link "download as
> php-extracting file" which would generate a php script which when run
> from the
> command line would write the new conf to the files in their correct
> locations.

Magic! :-) Honestly, configuring Horde etc is not an every day task, some
admins will only use the interface once in a lifetime (not really, but you
get the point). We should start with the simplest solution and that is
either FTP transfer or single file download.

Jan.

http://www.ammma.de - Neue Wege des Lernens