[dev] groups, users, how to use them...

Benoit St-Andre ben at benoitst-andre.net
Fri Feb 13 10:34:16 PST 2004

Le 13 Février 2004 08:56, Amith Varghese a écrit :
> Quoting Benoit St-Andre <ben at benoitst-andre.net>:
> > Hi there...
> How do you have your groups layed out in the LDAP tree?  What is the
> structure? I'm using datatree right now but that's mostly because I haven't
> bothered setting things up in LDAP.  But it should work.

They are in Ou=Group , they are posixGroup, so a cn, a gidnumber and the list
of memberuid 's.

I don't quite understand how the _hook_group is supposed to work.... does it
duplicates the groups membership in the datatree ?

and the example in the hooks.php.dist shows an example for 1 group, but I have
about 60-70 groups, so... :-(

Does anyone has an example of a working _group_hook for a similar setup ?

> > I've also tried to add some members in a group (with the admin tool
> > in horde),
> > it seems impossible, as I don't see any members in the list. Same thing
> > happens going into the user tool in horde.
>
> Do you sure you have your objectclasses setup correctly?  Perhaps its
> filtering out the users because you don't have the right objectclasses set.
>  I wrote the code for listUser and its fairly simple.  It binds to the tree
> (using a binddn if available).  It then creates an object filter and does a
> search.  You can add some debug statements on line 312 to print out the
> filter and then try to replicate the search using ldapsearch on the command
> line.  Maybe it has something to do with LDAP ACL's.

For the users, I found my error, it's just because I included the
"objectClass=" in the objectclass filter to use in the "authentication"
section.... So, just had to write "posixAccount" plainly and I can now see my
users.

Thanks again :-)

Benoit St-André
ben at benoitst-andre.net