[dev] building from cvs

Hal Robertson hal_robertson at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 17:02:39 PST 2004

Hello,

I would like to set up a Horde development
environment.  I just checked out the latest (untagged)
versions of both Horde and Framework a few minutes
ago, and was able to run the pear install script for
the framework no problem.

However, while trying to configure everything, I'm
getting a little confused as to if I'm using the right
folders, versions, or what, because of all the broken
references using HORDE_LIBS.

I have the framework directory underneath my horde
directory, and have since renamed it to, "Horde" so
the /horde/lib/core.php file can resolve it's
references, except... they're still all wrong.

The util.php class is a fine example.  In core.php
it's referenced as HORDE_LIBS . '/Horde/Util.php,'
when, in the framework I just checked out of CVS, it's
actually in HORDE_LIBS . '/Horde/Util/Util.php'.   I
changed core.php easy enough, but then every other
file in the framework is referencing it as: HORDE_LIBS
. '/Horde/Util.php'  even though that file doesn't
exist in the framework I just checked out.

Do I need to check the Horde and Framework projects
out of cvs with a specific tag if I want to set up a
usuable environment?  Or is the current cvs version
not usable, and I should just use snapshots?  Are any
of the recent snapshots somewhat stable?

many thanks,

Hal