[dev] Notifications and embedded hyperlinks

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Mar 4 20:39:34 PST 2004

Quoting Jon Parise <jon at horde.org>:

> As a compromise, I'd like to go ahead and add the $flags parameter.
> Then, we could have the following flags:
>
>     NOTIFICATION_RAW    - don't peform any encoding / conversions
>     NOTIFICATION_WIKI   - perform Wiki-style translations
>
> That will give us the flexibility to try different implementations in
> the future without modifying the API.  Suggestions on better flag
> names (or additional flags) are welcome.

That's fine with me. Two suggestions - how about using strings for the flags,
like we use strings for the message types (just for consistency, mainly). So
'markup.raw' (default), 'markup.wiki', etc. Also, then non-markup flags could
have a different prefix. It's a namespace! ;)

Second, how about a markup.html type, since that'd be much lighter weight than
wiki markup and also simple for things like the Horde_Mobile listener
to strip.

-chuck