[dev] Can't add additional accounts to fetch

Edwin Culp eculp at viviendaatualcance.com.mx
Fri Mar 5 16:16:08 PST 2004

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Quoting Edwin Culp <eculp at viviendaatualcance.com.mx>:
>
>> I'm running today's head version of horde/imp/etc. and decided to
>> add another
>> pop3 account to fetch and when I choose to create a new account, the "select
>> mail server type" dropdown is empty.  I get no errors, just no protocol to
>> select.  I can, however, modify those that I have.
>>
>> I am stumped.  Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Must be something screwy with either your installation or the value stored in
> the 'fm_accounts' preference value since everything works here just fine.

> Try
> clearing out your preference value and see if that fixes anything.

Thanks, Michael.  I agree that there is something screwy with my installation.
The problem is that I don't know what ;-)  Based on your suggestions I just
created a new user with no default ldap userprefs, a new imp/config/prefs.php
with all Fetchmail values as in a brand new prefs.php.dist, cvs co new
imp/lib/Fetchmail.php and imp/lib/Fetchmail/imap.php and I still don't get the
menu that is defined in imp/lib/Fetchmail/imapd.php that should show up in
prefs.  I only see the message defined in prefs.php "Select mail server type."

If you have any other suggestions, I'd sure appreciate them.  If not I think
I'll just blow away IMP and give it another go.  I may have modified something
else and forgotten about it.

Thanks again,

ed