[dev] IMSP patch for Turba

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Sun Mar 14 19:31:36 PST 2004

 Latest round of changes to the IMSP driver for Turba.

- Added support for Turba_Groups:

The driver will translate between a group on the IMSP server (basically, a
contact with multiple email addresses and a special 'group' field set) and
a Turba_Group when reading and writing.  Any changes made will be
translated back to the IMSP server format so that other IMSP-aware
applications (such as Cyrusoft's Mulberry or Silkymail) will see the
changes.  The only problem that still exists with this is if the IMSP group
has an email address in the group that does not have an normal contact
entry, the entry will be ignored. I'd be interested in any thoughts about a
workaround to this problem.  I didn't want to just blindly add a new entry
to the users addressbook, there might not even be a name associated with it
etc...

- Fixed problem in Turba_Driver_imsp->read() that caused infinite loop when
requesting more than one contact.

- Some changes to sources.php.dist to reflect the new functionality.

Thanks -
Mike