[dev] PEAR HTTP_WebDAV_Client module

Stuart Bingë s.binge at codefusion.co.za
Mon Apr 5 06:57:34 PDT 2004

Hey,

Not sure if this is the correct place to discuss this - it is somewhat Off
Topic but it does relate to the Horde work I'm doing.

With framework/Kolab/Kolab.php requiring the HTTP_WebDAV_Client PEAR module, I
was wondering if it would be possible to include it into Horde's PEAR
distribution (I've noticed that HTTP_WebDAV_Server is already included).

If this would be possible, would you want to include the latest version listed
on the PEAR site or would it be possible to implement some patches before
including it? I ask because of the following:

I've had a number of problems with this module. While using it I personally
encountered three bugs, and submitted bug reports on the PEAR site (they're
listed as bug #'s 994, 995 & 996 if you're interested). I've also tried to
contact the author about the possibility of fixing the bugs, and even
included patches on the bug listings to fix them, yet since I submitted them
(March 11) I have had no response whatsoever. It also looks like more bugs
have piled up since I submitted mine.

This is worrying me, especially as we gear up for the Kolab Webclient release
- I *really* don't want to end up having to tell users to download the module
from PEAR, patch a couple of files, recreate the PEAR tar.gz and finally
install it. As the author doesn't seem too worried about fixing his package
this scenario may not be that far off.

Currently anyone who will be using the Webclient will have to download Horde's
PEAR distribution to get Horde up and running anyway, so it makes sense (at
least to me) to include a 'fixed' WebDAV_Client in it.

Any comments/recommendations?

- Stuart