[dev] PEAR HTTP_WebDAV_Client module

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Apr 5 13:01:17 PDT 2004

Quoting Stuart Bingë <s.binge at codefusion.co.za>:

> I've had a number of problems with this module. While using it I personally
> encountered three bugs, and submitted bug reports on the PEAR site (they're
> listed as bug #'s 994, 995 & 996 if you're interested). I've also tried to
> contact the author about the possibility of fixing the bugs, and even
> included patches on the bug listings to fix them, yet since I submitted them
> (March 11) I have had no response whatsoever. It also looks like more bugs
> have piled up since I submitted mine.
>
> This is worrying me, especially as we gear up for the Kolab Webclient release
> - I *really* don't want to end up having to tell users to download the module
> from PEAR, patch a couple of files, recreate the PEAR tar.gz and finally
> install it. As the author doesn't seem too worried about fixing his package
> this scenario may not be that far off.

If the author has really disappeared, then either you or someone else can take
over as the maintainer of the PEAR package, or we can fork a version into
framework/ in Horde and use that. Either way, you should email
pear-dev at lists.php.net first detailing your attempts to contact the maintainer
and the open bugs, and see if anyone shows up.

-chuck