[dev] [patch] new sam driver

Ben Chavet ben at chavet.net
Thu Apr 8 21:16:23 PDT 2004

> I'm unclear as to why this is a VFS driver, instead of an FTP driver. Do you
> have plans/see possibilities for having it work for other VFS backends? If so,
> I think it's a little unintuitive, but okay. Otherwise I think it'd be better
> named as an FTP driver.

After I submitted this, I wished I hadn't quite yet.  Yes it works, it can
read an existing config file & generate a new one, but it still needs some
work.  For example, most of the defined attributes do not work with the
version of spamassassin I have installed, so I want to at least put a
mapping feature in.

As far as what it is called, that really doesn't matter to me so much.  I
used gollem, ingo, & vacation as my inspiration & reference to write this.
Ingo and gollem called their drivers vfs, so that's what I went with.

Let me clean this up a bit & I'll resubmit it.

--Ben