[dev] [patch] new sam driver

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Apr 9 06:36:02 PDT 2004

Quoting Ben Chavet <ben at chavet.net>:

> After I submitted this, I wished I hadn't quite yet.  Yes it works, it can
> read an existing config file & generate a new one, but it still needs some
> work.  For example, most of the defined attributes do not work with the
> version of spamassassin I have installed, so I want to at least put a
> mapping feature in.

Sounds good.

> As far as what it is called, that really doesn't matter to me so much.  I
> used gollem, ingo, & vacation as my inspiration & reference to write this.
> Ingo and gollem called their drivers vfs, so that's what I went with.

Okay - with those, though, you really can use any VFS backend, because it
doesn't matter where the data is as long as the app can get to it. With
SAM, we
already have a SQL driver (and SQL VFS won't work for it), and the FTP driver
is the only one that seems to make sense (again, to *me* - if I'm missing
something, please let me know).

> Let me clean this up a bit & I'll resubmit it.

Sure thing. Thanks!

-chuck