[dev] imp: new block with full inbox display

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Apr 20 14:41:26 PDT 2004

Quoting Karsten Fourmont <fourmont at gmx.de>:

> The problem is: this only works if the "hack" code resides in the
> global scope of folder.php.
> If I place it into get_folder_summary where it belongs, I always get
> an "mo msgs in this folder" display.
> This happens as well if I copy the relevant lines from mailbox.php into
> get_folder_summary. I spent some time trying to figure out what's
> going on but without any success.

I'm sure it's a scope issue of something or other, but I have no idea what
without seeing your code.

> If I manage to get this working (quite a few things have to be
> changed from the normal folder display): is there an interest to put
> this into cvs?

Sure!

> If so we should get the design right. IMHO there are two ways of doing this
> 1) copy the functionality of mailbox.php to a new lib function which
> then will
> be enhanced to generate normal display as well as the brief block display
> 2) keep message.php unchanged and create a new function for the block
> display.
>
> Currently I tend to go for solution 2) but I'm not sure. Depends somewhat on
> wether I can reuse the templates.

1) would be better as long as you're using at least close to the same
number of
pieces of information. Otherwise, it wouldn't be worth it. I wouldn't try to
re-use templates, though. Just re-use the generation of information in the big
loop in mailbox.php.

-chuck