[dev] Re: Meta-search engine Horde module

Nikolaj Steensgaard nikolaj at steensgaard.net
Fri Apr 30 05:33:27 PDT 2004

Oliver Kuhl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Nikolaj Steensgaard wrote:
>
>> Daniel Vandal wrote:
>>
>>> Recently, I written a meta-search engine for horde that I called
>>> "Goops", this
>>> module is allowing the users to do a meta-search according to the
>>> selected
>>> category (Web, Audio/Mp3, Images, ... )
>>>
>>> The module is available at :
>>> http://portail-dvandal.ecoleduroy.qc.ca/goops.tgz
>>
>> Just tried it !
>> Must say that its excelent  !!!
>> Keep up the good work
>
> yes! I really like it, too!
>
> But there seems to be a little bug: a search with i.e. "cockpit" in the
> images returns a huge list of images - the fifth titled "COCKPIT A340".
> If I now search for "cockpit a340" nothing is found. I tried
> alltheweb.com - where the results came from - and "cockpit a340" found
> many images.
>
> Besides, this app has to go into the hordecvs, what do the rest of you
> think? Really, really nice...
>
> Gruss,
>    Ollie.

I found a bug that annoyes me a bit though ! when searching ( web ) and
only search for 1 thing ..eks. " courierimap " its fast and nice but if
the word gets seperated in more word's like " courier imap " its
extremly slow !
any ideas why ? is it the rturned list that gets to big or ? and if
thats the case maybe there should be a option limiting the maximum of
returned values ?

Just my 10 cent's

Greatings
Nikolaj Steensgaard