[dev] Best place to store items?

Joaquim Homrighausen joho at webbplatsen.se
Wed May 12 02:21:33 PDT 2004

Having looked at the Horde datatree, and how some of the other Horde
applications do it (current HEAD), I'm still at a loss as to where one should
store certain types of data within the Horde framework.

Scenario:

The application Bottleneck needs to store some "types" and some "attributes".
The types are bottle types and the attributes are the various attributes each
of these bottles can have.

This data is "application data" and needs to have permissions so that only
authorized people can edit bottle types and attributes.

I need the "application data" to be shared, so that all users maintaining the
bottle inventory can use the types and related attributes when they add, edit,
and remove bottles from the inventory; which may or may not be shared, etc.

Silly questions? Perhaps, but I haven't been able to find an answer..

-Joaquim