[dev] help with new categories code

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue May 18 12:24:42 PDT 2004

So, I'm lost on how to handle something. Please see
http://bugs.horde.org/details.php?id=89 for history on this.

The problem: how do we keep categories from proliferating endlessly?

- I create a category (say, Test).
- stuff happens
- I want to delete the Test category.

We can't, at this point, go through all of my personal events/tasks/whatever and
update any that were in Test to be in Unfiled. Especially since another user
might still have the Test category and want to keep using it on some of those
items.

I guess I just remove it from the user's personal list, and we see how that
goes? Maybe at some point we'll have to have cronjobs to prune the category
lists for shares... dunno.

-chuck