[dev] [imp] Spam Reporting

Martin Luethi horde at humbapa.ch
Mon Jun 7 01:36:14 PDT 2004

Fri, 04 Jun 2004 10:34:06 -0500 Andrew Coleman <mercury at appisolutions.net>:
> On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 04:57, Martin Luethi wrote:
>> hi list
>>
>> I used "/usr/bin/spamassassin -r" as the external program for reporting
>> a mailmessage as spam
>>
>> somehow spamassassin needs the directory $HOME/.spamassassin
>> when I call spamassassin with popen() the HOME variable is set to "/"
>> but it should be "/var/lib/amavis" (homedir from the apache/php user)
>>
>> so I now use "env HOME=/var/lib/amavis /usr/bin/spamassassin -r" as my spam
>> reporting program and everything works fine
>

> Why do you need the home directory as /var/lib/amavis? are you servicing
> users out of a database, rather than system users?

all my users are stored in the modified mysql/user table. like this I
can store
my users in one place for mysql, ftp and mail. so I don't need to setup system
users

apache runs as user nobody and the homedir for nobody is "/var/lib/amavis"
but when I use popen() the variable HOME is set to "/" ...

does this only happen on my apache/php setup or how do the other
IMP-admins use
spamassassin?

thanks
martin luethi