[dev] IMP: Show localized INBOX-name instead of "INBOX"?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 7 12:01:51 PDT 2004

Quoting Malte Wedel <ich at malte.de>:

>> No. This discussion has been beaten to death, see the mailing list archives.
>
> Sorry, but I can't find a search function on the lists-server. Perhaps

http://lists.horde.org/ has the links to the archives you need.   Some
of the archives sites are searchable.  In any case you can usually just
use google or friends to search also.

> Besides of this I think, if there was heavy discussion about this
> issue, this shows there is need for it, and it should be made
> configurable.

No no no.  Just because people wrongly think that "blacklist" is a racist
term doesn't mean that there is a need to change it (rather there is a need
to educate people about the term).  Just because people don't understand
that INBOX is a reserved IMAP name doesn't mean we should change it (but
rather education people again about IMAP).  Just because people have wanted
an auto-up feature on their car window like the auto-down on their car
window for years now doesn't mean the auto manufacturer will ever do it
(since people would kill/injure themselves or others by having the window
automatically close while their head, arm, hand, fingers, pets or other
objects were sticking out the window).  Instead, the car manufacturers
need to educate the public about the dangers such a feature would pose
(and how many people injure themselves and their pets each year with
the manual system now in place, and how studies show that would increase
with an automated system).

People requesting something does not equate to a need, justification, or
rationale for it being implemented.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics