[dev] IMP: Show localized INBOX-name instead of "INBOX"?

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Wed Jun 9 06:20:51 PDT 2004

Eric Rostetter wrote:
>> This is unrelated to IMP, but yes this is already a problem we have to
>> live with.  The solution is to adopt a convention, and configure your
>> MUA appropriately.  Again, this have nothing to do with the localization
>> of "INBOX" in IMP.
>
> Except that INBOX is a convention which was already adopted which avoids
> the problem and doesn't require you to configure your MUA differently for
> many MUA's which use this convention.

You miss the point entirely.  I was not talking about INBOX here, I was
talking the draft, sent mail, etc folder.  Inbox is not a convention;
it's a reserved mailbox name in the IMAP protocol.  You _can't_
configure which folder to use as Inbox, and it would make no sense
anyway.  So the point is not about choosing in which folder you access
incoming mail (you can't), it is about how we display a constant.

Talking about convention, the closest thing we have to a convention is
to display INBOX localized as "Boîte de réception" in French.