[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: framework/Auth Auth.php framework/Auth/Auth application.php customsql.php cyrsql.php cyrus.php imap.php ldap.php sql.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Jun 10 07:55:23 PDT 2004

>> There already is a public removeUser() that only returns a PEAR_Error
>> "unsupported". As this (being unsupported) is still true for most auth
>> drivers, we could perhaps remove the user data and return a PEAR_Error
>> "User data removed but not the user himself" or some such. Thoughts?
>
> Ah, right. How about having Auth::removeUserData() (and making the registry
> method match that name), which gets called by default by Auth::removeUser()
> (though perhaps adding an option to not do it?).

That still leaves the problem open what Auth::removeUser() should return. As
we need a different UI anyway if we want to allow clearing user data for
backends without admin support, I'd say we make Auth::_removeUser() a
public Auth::removeUserData() that'll be called from this new UI and leave
Auth::removeUser() untouched.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting.php