[sork] Re: IMP Quota command driver, was Re: [dev] Bounties

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 24 16:13:53 PDT 2004

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

>> Outside of getting the pwnam home dir entry, and then parsing the output
>> of mount looking for the partition that house this directory, I don't
>> see how to do that.  And even that would be really flaky as the output
>> of mount(8) is OS/version dependant.
>
> I've just done a CVS commit to the HEAD branch off accounts to do just this.
> It requires configuration, and it requires the PEAR module File_Fstab.
>
> Things yet to do:
>
> * Handle the case where the quota output wraps onto two lines.
> * Update the conf.xml file to allow the proper configuration of the above
>    code (right now you would have to configure your conf.php by hand).

This is all in CVS HEAD now.  Not tested on a system that needs the new
functionality.  If anyone can test it, please do and let me know the
results.

> Just trying to cover the 3 most common setups:
>
> 1) The quota command returns the login directory name.
> 2) The quota command returns the device name of the login directory.
> 3) The quota command wraps the output onto multiple lines (e.g. home dir/dev
>     on one line, quota info on the next line).

I think all those goals are now met.  Testing, comments, complaints
appreciated.

Yeah, the coding is pretty rough, and should be cleaned up, but I think it
at least works...  I'll try to do a code-cleanup when I get the time/chance.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!