[dev] [kronolith-patch] remove old(?) alarm fields

Francois Marier francois at nit.ca
Thu Jul 29 15:24:54 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 10:54:42PM +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Francois Marier <francois at nit.ca>:
> >So would the correct way to handle this instead be to remove these
> >fields only if the Alarm Span field is matched ?
> >
> >I am trying to make it more obvious to users that all fields are
> >matched and that they don't need to do anything else.  Some users get
> >confused when they Alarm Time and Alarm Date at the top.
>
> It's an alternative. Either use the span or the date and time.

Right, so wouldn't the best way to support that be :

1- show only Span if it matches and hide the other alternative
2- show both date and time if they match and hide span
3- show both alternatives (span, date and time) otherwise

With this way of doing things, we would support the most likely case
(someone importing an event from a recent version of Horde or Outlook)
and also the case where someone wants to import an event exported
using an older Kronolith.

If this sounds like a good idea to you guys, I'll work on it and
submit a new patch for it.

Francois