[dev] [kronolith-patch] remove old(?) alarm fields

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Jul 30 01:27:17 PDT 2004

Zitat von Francois Marier <francois at nit.ca>:

> On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 10:54:42PM +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:
>> Zitat von Francois Marier <francois at nit.ca>:
>> >So would the correct way to handle this instead be to remove these
>> >fields only if the Alarm Span field is matched ?
>> >
>> >I am trying to make it more obvious to users that all fields are
>> >matched and that they don't need to do anything else.  Some users get
>> >confused when they Alarm Time and Alarm Date at the top.
>>
>> It's an alternative. Either use the span or the date and time.
>
> Right, so wouldn't the best way to support that be :
>
> 1- show only Span if it matches and hide the other alternative
> 2- show both date and time if they match and hide span
> 3- show both alternatives (span, date and time) otherwise

Hm, the fields only match by name, so there is the theoretical case where
the field names match but have a different meaning. Though I have to admit
that this is very unlikely.

> With this way of doing things, we would support the most likely case
> (someone importing an event from a recent version of Horde or Outlook)
> and also the case where someone wants to import an event exported
> using an older Kronolith.

Convinced. If we could ease the import process for almost everyone with the
little unlikely drawback described above, we should do so.

> If this sounds like a good idea to you guys, I'll work on it and
> submit a new patch for it.

That would be great. Btw, your patches are really appreciated, great work!

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting.php