[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/config html.php.dist registry.php.dist imp/lib/Block tree_folders.php horde/services/portal menu.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Aug 3 02:03:15 PDT 2004

>   I'm not convinced that Blocks is the best way to do this, as opposed
>   to a straight api call or other subclass, so I haven't modified any of
>   the Block interface to codify this. Thoughts?

The appeal of Blocks is that these are kind of "plugins" for Horde that can
easily be provided by third parties. I still have some kind of contribution
site in mind where people can submit their Blocks and themes.

We should distinguish menu blocks from portal blocks though, be it with a
simple property.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting.php