[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: kronolith/lib Driver.php

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Aug 11 14:18:21 PDT 2004

> > not that precise when they think about it and they expect a monthly
> > recurrence to recur each month, regardless of the day they set it on.
>
> This definitely goes against my expectations of the recurrence, personally.

I agree, for the most part.

> How about adding the second type, and then warning on other cases that it
> *won't* recur on months that don't have 31 days? Or something like that.

I like this.  The warning it a very nice idea, which I think would be a
really Good Thing to do.

> I could probably be convinced, slowly, on this, but it goes against my
> grain, as
> you can probably see. ;)

I prefer Chuck's solution to the alternatives proposed.  When I set a
recurring event, I want to know it will re-occur exactly on the date
I told it to.

I also think we should add a "last/first day of the month" option though,
as this is also *very* useful.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics