[dev] Blank login page

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Tue Sep 7 14:17:47 PDT 2004

Still more info:

I finally managed to get an error displayed:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mb_regex_encoding() in /usr/share/pear/Horde/String.php on line 33

Because I'm running RedHat 7.3, and the latest php rpms are (if I remember correctly) version 4.1.2, I downloaded and built my own php, version 4.3.2. My configure line has "--enable-mbstring", so I guess I'm using the stock mbstring that came with 4.3.2.

When I go to horde/test.php and view loaded extensions, mbstring is listed. However, if I click "function list" next to it, there is no mb_regex_encoding(). There are other mb_*_encoding functions, but no regex.

So, I commented out the call to mb_regex_encoding which, I was assuming, would have executed the same code as though the mbstring extension wasn't there, but all I get is a blank page with the word "NULL" at the top.

Does this information help anybody to help me? :-)
Thanks,
Rick