[dev] Blank login page

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Sep 7 14:24:05 PDT 2004

Quoting Rick Emery <rick at emery.homelinux.net>:

> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mb_regex_encoding() in
> /usr/share/pear/Horde/String.php on line 33
>
> Because I'm running RedHat 7.3, and the latest php rpms are (if I
> remember correctly) version 4.1.2, I downloaded and built my own php,
> version 4.3.2. My configure line has "--enable-mbstring", so I guess
> I'm using the stock mbstring that came with 4.3.2.

 From http://www.php.net/mbstring:

--enable-mbregex: Enable regular expression functions with multibyte character
support.

So I guess there's an option that means you wouldn't have the mb regex
functions? This is news to me, and not mentioned on the manual page for
mb_regex_encoding(), but you could try recompiling with that option.

-chuck