[dev] horde ldab setup

Steve Daniels horde at stedaniels.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 07:37:26 PDT 2004

I've got my ldap sever setup using the instructions found here:
http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/linux-adv/ldap.htm
Now I've just done a full fresh install of horde from cvs.
In the Authentication tab in configuration, what do I put in the
following values?

What backend should we use: Ldap Authentication
Hostname of LDAP sever: localhost (yes horde and ldap are isntall on the
same machine)
The base DN for the ldap server: ou=People,dn=itsalittlebitfishy,dc=co,dc=uk
The dn used to find to the ldap server: ????
the password to bind to the ldap sever: is this the root ldap password?
LDAP protocol version: LDAPv2?
The username search key: People?
How to specify a filter for the user lists: One or more objectclass
filters? (or the other one?)
the object class filter to use? (or the ldap filter expression?):?????

Thanks for any help/pointers recieved.

Steve Daniels