[dev] horde ldab setup

Edwin Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Thu Sep 9 08:31:22 PDT 2004

Quoting Steve Daniels <horde at stedaniels.co.uk>:

> I've got my ldap sever setup using the instructions found here:
> http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/linux-adv/ldap.htm
> Now I've just done a full fresh install of horde from cvs.
> In the Authentication tab in configuration, what do I put in the
> following values?
>
> What backend should we use: Ldap Authentication
> Hostname of LDAP sever: localhost (yes horde and ldap are isntall on the
> same machine)
> The base DN for the ldap server: ou=People,dn=itsalittlebitfishy,dc=co,dc=uk
> The dn used to find to the ldap server: ????

something like
    cn=manager,dn=itsalittlebitfishy,dc=co,dc=uk
> the password to bind to the ldap sever: is this the root ldap password?

Yes it is.

> LDAP protocol version: LDAPv2?

I use v3.  That will depend on your version of *ldap.

> The username search key: People?

Mine is mail because of my structure to keep virtual domains
seperate and not have to login with @domain.com.  Many use uid.

> How to specify a filter for the user lists: One or more objectclass
> filters? (or the other one?)

You probably don't need this one.  Again it would depend on your
structure.

> the object class filter to use? (or the ldap filter expression?):?????

I use person but it could easily be inetOrgPerson, etc.

Sounds like you are almost there.  I hope this helps.

ed

P.S. You will probably want to use 'hordeauth' => 'full', in
horde/imp/config/servers.php for your imp auth. to not have to
relogin.