[dev] [patch] horde/templates/javascript/tree.js

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Sep 15 07:49:43 PDT 2004

> No, I don't really like it. And I miss completely why we need two ways to
> expand a node.

Ease of use. The + is something of a small target, and labels don't have any
other purpose; it *is* overloading the meaning, but users expect it to be
clickable. Jenn (my wife) is usually a pretty good barometer of these
things, I
find, and when we did the Horde_Tree based menu, the first thing she asked for
was to make labels clickable for expand/collapse again.

I agree it needs to be treated differently from if there will actually be an
action. But I do think we should find a way to make them expandable through
clicking.

-chuck

Quincy Adams