[dev] Re: [core] Horde Documentation Application

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Sep 16 10:18:08 PDT 2004

Quoting Karsten Fourmont <fourmont at gmx.de>:

> 2) Introduce "Books". My concept of a book is that of a compilation of
> individual pages: each page is one section (or subsection) of the book.
> My (still very preliminary) plan is to implement these kind of books as a new
> page of type "book". However this book page does not contain the content
> itself but only a tree like structure with references to other wiki pages.
> So you can create books as a hierarchical collection of Wiki pages. You have
> to provide a special editor (kind of tree edit) and renderer of course, but
> otherwise you can utilise all the benefits from a standard wiki page.

Alternately, the "book" application could be entirely seperate, using the new
Horde application/browse API to select anything at all - so you could build a
"book" of some wiki pages, some files from Gollem, an appendix of a task list
from Nag...

This would make it more complicated to do docbook/pdf type generation,
but very
flexible overall...

-chuck

Quincy Adams