[dev] Serious problem with Ansel and possibly datatree (no, it's not datatree)

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Sep 18 09:56:43 PDT 2004

Quoting Roel Gloudemans <roel at gloudemans.info>:

> I ran into some serious problems with Ansel. I created a new gallery
> and first
> copied images to it. So far so good. Then I removed the pictures from the
> initial gallery. This action had a destructive effect on all galleries.
>
> Seemingly random through the galleries pictures where disappearing.
> The picture entry remained present, but the image itself was gone.
>
> I took a look at the code and was lead to the Datatree object. My
> interpretation is that the image remains present in the Datatree, but is
> removed from VFS (I checked; the image ID is no longer present in VFS.

Okay, you're saying that the images that shouldn't have been deleted are still
in the DataTree (as they should be) but aren't in the VFS? This would indicate
that it's a VFS problem, or a problem with how Ansel *uses* VFS, and has
nothing to do with DataTree at all.

> Does anybody have any further information to debug this problem?

No, we need you or someone else who's seeing it to debug it ...

-chuck

Quincy Adams