[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: mimp mailbox.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Tue Sep 21 08:28:28 PDT 2004

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>:
>
>> slusarz     2004-09-20 22:32:49 PDT
>>
>>   Modified files:
>>     .                    mailbox.php
>>   Log:
>>   $sort_url not used here.
>>   More addParameter fixes to make sure & is not encoded.  IMHO, the new
>>   addParameter() syntax seems to break a lot more stuff than it is
>>   supposed to fix.
>
> I'm not sure why you need so many changes in MIMP. Unencoded parameter
> separators should only be necessary in redirects or javascript. Oh, and if
> you call Horde::url() *after* the addParameter() calls, you only need to
> specify the $full parameter once.

Except that '&amp' encoded parameter separators break everything for
me.  i.e.:
http://www.example.com/horde/test.php?foo1=foo&amp;foo2=fee

does *not* work the same as:
http://www.example.com/horde/test.php?foo1=foo&foo2=fee

In the first example, 'foo2' doesn't exist when you try to access it in
test.php
- i.e. a call of Util::getFormData('foo2') returns null.  It works fine in the
second example - a call to Util::getFormData('foo2') returns 'fee'.

In both cases, this isn't a redirect or javascript link either - it is
a simple
link you click on the page.

Maybe a more concrete example is in store.  The problem I was seeing in
MIMP was
in the "Next Page" menu link in the mailbox screen.  Using IE on Win
Mobile 2003
SE, the Next Page link was being generated as:
http://www.example.com/horde/mimp/mailbox.php?nocache=abcdefg01234567&amp;page=2

But when you click on the 'Next Page' link, the page would not
increment because
'page' didn't exist as a parameter.  When I change the link to:
http://www.example.com/horde/mimp/mailbox.php?nocache=abcdefg01234567&page=2
everything works beautifully again.

Maybe something is completely jacked up with my installation but before
I start
digging into this, can someone tell me that I am not completely crazy?  PHP
4.3.8 and Apache 2.0.50 BTW.

michael