[dev] Small correction to kronolith/lib/Kronolith.php

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Thu Sep 23 09:09:10 PDT 2004

Hi,

Here are a few fixes to make Kronolith iTip invitation better.  I do not
submit a patch since I do not have a recent HEAD verison installed, but
I checked against the current HEAD via the web interface and I can see
these still need fixing.

This is all to be done in kronolith/lib/Kronolith.php from line 1236
down to line 1252 in the sendiTipNotification() function.

First, add :

         $mime->setType('multipart/mixed');

to make the iTip display alongside the body of the message in IMP when
the itip mime_driver is set to display inline.  mutlipart/alternative
message only show the text/plain part otherwise.

Also, add:

              $body->setCharset(NLS::getCharset());
              $ics->setCharset(NLS::getCharset());

before $mime->send() is called.  Otherwise, events which description
include 8 bits character are displayed funny in IMP and Outlook (ie the
Ä UTF8 sentinel is displayed).  I have not read the [v|i]Calendar RFC so
I do not know if this break something, but it make IMP and Outlook happy.

There are more small corrections I found, I'll send them this afternoon
as I isolate and test them.

Thanks !