[dev] Sorting, throughout Horde

Joaquim Homrighausen joho at webbplatsen.se
Wed Sep 29 00:47:31 PDT 2004

I just ran across something "odd"; this was in Turba, but I suspect this
"problem" may exist in other places too (HEAD20040928).

I added a new contact, with the last name "Österman". In the Swedish alphabet,
'Ö' is the last letter, yet his entry was sorted right after 'P'; I've seen
this in other applications too (not just Horde), and it's somewhat annoying.

I use English as my language in Horde, with a time zone set to Europe/Stockholm.
But if this sorting behavior is a result of me using English in Horde, I think
some sort of "Display locale" needs to be added.

All my applications in Windows and Linux are English; all my operating systems
are English, etc. But I (obviously) want to display dates, times, sort order
and what not, the way it's displayed everywhere else in Sweden.

Am I making any sense? :-)

-Joaquim